Family Support at Bethersden
Welcome from Mrs Lucy Henshaw
Lead for families & inclusion
Hello my name is Lucy Henshaw. I have two children so understand the pressure families face and the constant juggling that we do. Parenting is not an easy job, and at times things can get tough. I am a level 3 trained counsellor & designated safeguarding lead and I am passionate about offering the best possible support at the right time for all members of our community.
I understand that we want what is best for our children. I may not have all the answers, but I am here to support you in navigating the tricky times. Parents/ carers know their children best and I welcome working with you to achieve the best possible learning opportunities.
How can I support you?
My working hours are from 8.15am-3.30pm every day
I will be at the school gate every morning from 8.30am and at the end of the school day from 3.10pm. If you have any messages for the class teacher, questions or concerns please speak to me and I will happily support you
We also have an office space where we can have a chat, and I can meet you about more urgent concerns quickly.
I can be contacted through the office on 01233820479 or via email: email@example.com. We are committed to supporting all of our families to feel confident & well informed to put all of the pieces together.
What types of support can we offer?
The aim of my role is to offer support, advice and guidance to families to ensure the very best holistic support for their children. This might include:
- A listening ear when support is needed
- Supporting families with paperwork and processes
- Signposting to relevant agencies and external support
- Supporting families to improve their child’s engagement, attendance and positive feeling about school
- Guiding families through difficult meetings
- Supporting parents/carers with advice on behaviour, wellbeing or any other concerns they may have
- Working with children on a 1:1 basis to boost confidence, support resilience and develop self esteem
- Supporting families and children through the transition process, organising visits and / or sharing information with a new school
- Organising coffee mornings and support for families
- Encouraging a healthy lifestyle
The Intervention Offer
I also lead some of the targeted interventions in our school to support the holistic progress of the children. These interventions are varied and carefully planned to support specific areas of need. Sessions include:
- Sensory circuits
- Lego therapy
- 1:1 resilience and confidence boosting
I work in close collaboration with the school SENCO and we continuously review the areas of need for our children and families in order to refine our inclusive offer.
There are also a range of external support agencies who are available to help you. Please click on the website links below if you would like further information .
I look forward to my continued work with the Bethersden community
Links for external support agencies:
Early Help support:
Mind mental health support: